It may not seem like it, but replacing the windows on your home can be one of the best things you do for yourself and your family all year. Not only will it save on the cost and amount of energy you use, it will also add value to your home, a nearly dollar for dollar investment.
But how do you know when it’s time for a window replacement? Well, there are some definite signs:
1. Your Energy Bill is High – If you see great fluctuations in your energy bill during extremes of cold or hot temperatures, replacing windows may help reduce costs by as much as 35 percent, according to some estimates.
2. Draftiness – When you put your hand up near the window, can you feel hot or cold air coming through? Is there a spot in your living room by the window that is unused because it feel drafty? Any amount of air coming through a window means it is not doing its job and needs replacement.
3. Fog or Moisture Build-up – If you observe moisture or even ice on the interior side of the window, it means the insulation or thermal material is not adequate and there is too quick a transition from hot to cold air.
4. Windows Won’t Open or Close – If the windows are difficult to open or close, or they won’t stay open, the window is not functioning properly and needs to be replaced.
5. Wood Frame is Soft – If you can take a screwdriver, press down and leave an indentation on the window frame, it is an indication the wood is rotting. Time for new windows.
5. Aesthetics – Regardless of how they are working, old windows can just look bad. If your windows bring down the visual appeal of your home’s exterior, give it a modern facelift with new windows.
Posted on behalf of Atwood Home Builders
Just like any other vehicle, a golf cart needs routine maintenance to keep it running smoothly and efficiently. And just like other vehicles, what kind of cart you have depends…
Metal stairs for apartment complexes come in a variety of styles, shapes, and sizes. And, as with any building that’s accessible by the public, safety is top priority. Apartment complex…
Homeowners looking to invest in a travertine outdoor patio or pool deck routinely ask the question: once installed, does travertine require a lot of maintenance? The short answer is: if…